The Brockmeier Law Group (BLG) opened its doors in 2009. We began with the commitment of personalized contact, focusing on each client’s individual goals while advocating to maximize their recovery. This emphasis has awarded BLG an opportunity to succeed in a variety of litigation and settlement cases. Brockmeier Law Group meets the standard of excellence in all cases. We know what it takes to get the results our clients need. We are hard at work, every day, doing just that.
Uninsured and Under Insured Motorist Accidents
CA Uninsured and Under Insured Accident Attorneys
If involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, please do the following:
- CALL THE POLICE
To retrieve full compensation, Brockmeier Law Group. (BLG) will need to speak with the police and likely direct an investigation to your insurance company.
If involved in a car accident, please do the following:
- Do NOT say anything about fault (admit liability).
- Move all vehicles out of the roadway, if possible.
- Evaluate all persons involved in the accident for injuries and call for emergency medical services as required.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver(s)
- Call the police and request an ambulance, if necessary. Ask the police to create a detailed accident report, records of the accident may be required and will help settle your case.
- Collect evidence – Take pictures, collect contact information of any/all witnesses, and (if applicable) debris that broke off from your vehicle in the accident.
Accident victims may not feel the full effects of injuries immediately. If you have been involved in an accident, it is imperative to get medical attention as soon as possible to determine the full extent any actual or potential (the victim’s) injuries.
- Road rash/cuts
- Psychological distress
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal injury
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bone(s)
Types of Accidents
- Hit and run
- Side-impact/ T-bone
- Rear-end collisions
- Merging accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Low-impact collisions
- Multi-car accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Left turn accidents
- Failure to yield
- Rollover accidents
- Single-car accidents
Causes of Accidents
- Distracted Driving – cell phones, eating while driving, conversing with passengers, etc.
- Recklessness- speeding
- Alcohol Use
- Poor Road Conditions – Weather (i.e. rain, high winds) impairing roads that are not properly maintained
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Claim
For most cases, the statute of limitation for filing a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the accident; however, there may be complicating factors that can shorten or lengthen the time a victim has to file a claim following an accident. In order protect their claim, accident victims should promptly retain the services of an attorney ensure they receive the maximum compensation.